When it comes to camping and glamping, there is nothing better than gathering around a roaring campfire. Not only does a campfire really set the scene for the ultimate camping experience – let’s face it, a campfire is one of the first things that springs to mind when we think of camping – but it is the ideal place to gather as a family at the end of a busy day. At Birdholme Glamping, we have recently installed brand new outdoor fire pits for each of our safari tents. This means you can sit back, relax and enjoy campfire activities with your loved ones.
Our Favourite Campfire Activities
- Play a Campfire Game – There are a tonne of campfire games to choose from, so you won’t find yourself short of choice. Whether you opt for a card game or a guessing game, a board game or more physical game, it’s a fantastic way to pass the time.
- Roast Marshmallows – Who doesn’t like a sweet treat in the evening? A campfire is the perfect place to roast marshmallows, make s’mores and treat yourself to a delicious snack. They are easy to make and it’s a unique experience, cooking on a campfire isn’t something you do at home.
- Tell a Spooky Story – A lot of people equate campfires with telling spooky stories, so why not give it a go? Though you’ll need to ensure the stories are age appropriate, there is nothing wrong with telling a tale or two.
- Stargazing – Sitting around a campfire is the perfect time to take advantage of your surroundings and, if there’s not too much light pollution, it’s a good opportunity to do some stargazing. You don’t need a telescope and you don’t need any stargazing knowledge; simply lay back and see what you can see. With a tonne of helpful apps available, identifying planets and constellations is easy.
- Sing Campfire Songs – Whether you already know some campfire songs or you are willing to learn, singing campfire songs is an activity everyone can get involved in. Old or young, the entire family can get stuck in.
There is no denying that camping is the ideal family getaway, especially as there are so many campfire activities to try. At Birdholme Glamping, we have everything you need to enjoy a comfortable glamping experience. Rather than slumming it and ‘making the most’ of things when the bad weather hits, you can relax in cosy accommodation and unwind with home comforts. To find out more about Birdholme Glamping and what we have to offer, get in touch with our helpful team.